SETTLING IN

SETTLING IN

Happy Monday! I finally made the move to self host! Yayyyy super excited!!! This is a text post to see if everything is running smoothly on my new digs. I went to upload a text image and this old one popped up from my achieves, see full outfit post (here). Let me know what you think of my new space on the web! 🙂

xo

<3 Shaaz <3

Share:

10 Comments

1. November 16, 2015 / 6:48 pm

just incredible!

• MizShaaz
      November 16, 2015 / 7:05 pm

Thanks Mihran! 🙂

2. Timothy Price
    November 16, 2015 / 6:54 pm

It’s working for me. I see a photo of you with rosy legs, cool boots, leopard scarf, way cool sunglasses, denim vest over a leather jacket and black skirt or coolots. Looking beautiful as always. I like the rolling band of prior posts along the bottom of the screen. No “Like” button, but that’s okay.

• MizShaaz
      November 16, 2015 / 7:20 pm

Thanks Timothy! I’m cracking up here as I read your detailed description hahahahahhahaoh
      Wordpress doesn’t move likes that are on the posts prior to migration, so instead of having 300 posts with no likes and new posts with likes, I decided not to use the like button at all to have consistency. Now I’m trying to figure out how to remove the ‘like’ option from the ‘feed reader’ and replace it with the comment option, because I can’t see the likes anyway so and I don’t even know why it’s there lol smh.

• Timothy Price
        November 16, 2015 / 10:50 pm

So I saw your reply in the likes and comments list on a WP page, but it would not let me reply from there. I had to come back to your page to reply. Interesting. I’m not sure you can get the like button off the reader. I think people like the “Like” button too much for WP to let anyone remove it from the reader.

• MizShaaz
          November 17, 2015 / 4:37 am

I know right? It’s been so confusing figuring out what works with what between self host WP .org and WP .com. I’m hoping to have it all figured out and all glitches fix by the end of the week so I can actually focus on posting!

• Timothy Price
            November 17, 2015 / 5:41 am

I noticed WP made another change to the way you post on the .com. Pesky! Just posting a link to my blog is a lot of trouble, I can’t imagine what they’ve done with adding photos. BTW your new site takes a long time to load everything. There should be a way to optimize loading. I’m using the Ghostery plugin on all my browsers which allows me to turn off tracking, which really speeds up most sites. The only tracker currently enabled on your site is the Gravatar widgets, but it’s still taking a lot of time to finish loading.

• MizShaaz
            November 17, 2015 / 6:33 am

I noticed that too and did a site speed on google which basically recommended I compress and resize my images by 98%. I don’t know how I’m going do that with all my images. There’s an image upload pluggin which I installed that will compress the size of my new uploads but it doesn’t compress the old images, so I’ll have to look for a pluggin that will compress the current images if there is one. Thanks so much for letting me know Timothy! Looks like I have a lot of work to do….

3. November 16, 2015 / 10:53 pm

I’m digging the new look boo, very umm…classy, in like a grown up sort of way.
    I like it a lot 😀

• MizShaaz
      November 17, 2015 / 2:44 am

A hahahahha love it! Thanks D!!